Working Together under the Children Act 2004 states that everybody who works with, or has contact with children and their families should be able to recognise abuse. Professionals should know how to act upon evidence that a child's welfare or development is being, or at risk of being impaired, especially when they are suffering or at risk of suffering significant harm.
All professionals should also know:
- When and how to make a referral to Local Authority Children’s Services
- What services are available locally
- How to gain access to them
- What sources of further advice and expertise are available; and
- Who to contact in what circumstances and how
This website provides useful information about multi agency training that is available to professionals, protocols and procedures (useful documents) and useful links to other websites that provide advice and materials for professionals. For further information on the Board, Board members and the sub groups please click on the links on the left hand side of the home page. You can also download protocols and procedures from the useful documents link.